Skip to main content

Get Immediate Help with Sexual Assault, Relationship Violence, or Stalking

A phone with a hand dialing 911 with the text, if you are in immediate crisis, call 911

Reporting options

If you have experienced sexual assault, relationship violence, or stalking, or would like to make a report to help a friend or colleague, you can contact:

Confidential resources

If you would like to speak with someone confidentially about your reporting options or experience, please contact one of the following resources on campus:

MSU Sexual Assault Program
(517) 355-3551
14 Student Services Building

  • Provides counseling and support groups to MSU students. 24-hour hotline and advocacy services are offered to anyone in the greater Lansing community.

MSU Safe Place
(517) 355-1100

  • Provides advocacy, emergency shelter, counseling, support groups, safety planning, information and referrals to survivors of violence and their minor children. All support services are free and confidential.

MSU Counseling Center
(517) 355-2870
207 Student Services Building

  • Provides a full range of counseling and support group services to MSU students.

Student Health Services
(517) 353-4660 

  • Olin Health Center is the primary health care facility for MSU students. Olin Health Center is home to primary care, psychiatry, allergy/immunizations, sports medicine, and health education services. Laboratory, radiology, pharmacy and physical therapy are also located at Olin. Students also have the option of receiving primary care services in the Neighborhood clinics located in Brody, Holden, Hubbard and McDonel halls.

MSU Employee Assistance Program
(517) 355-4506 
330 Olin Health Center

  • Provides emotional assistance to employees and their families as they attempt to work through life changes, expected and unexpected events, chronic physical and emotional health issues, and work/life balance concerns.  Services are free and confidential.

University Ombudsperson
(517) 353-8830 
129 North Kedzie Hall

  • The University Ombudsperson is a senior faculty member appointed by the President to assist students in resolving conflicts or disputes within the university. The University Ombudsperson also helps staff members, instructors and administrators sort through university rules and regulations that might apply to specific student issues and concerns.

Off-campus resources

Sparrow Hospital Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program
(517) 364-3931
Sparrow Emergency Department (locations)

  • Provides free coordinated, timely, comprehensive and compassionate care to pediatric and adult victims of sexual assault 24 hours a day.  A sexual assault nurse examiner is a registered nurse specially trained to provide care to sexual assault patients. The sexual assault nurse examiner conducts medical forensic examinations and can serve as an expert witness.

EVE, Inc. Personal Protection Order (PPO) Office
(517) 483-6545
Veterans Memorial Courthouse
313 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48933

  • Provides support and advocacy to victims experiencing domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and/or stalking and assistance with obtaining a PPO.

Contact OIE

4 Olds Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824
Phone: (517) 353-3922
Fax: (517) 884-8513

File a report now:
Public Incident Reporting Form
Note: this report goes directly to OIE and the MSU Police.