Policies, Procedures, and Forms
Policy on Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct (RVSM)
The purpose of the policy linked below is to define relationship violence and sexual misconduct, describe the process for reporting violations of the policy, outline the process used to investigate, adjudicate alleged violations of policy, and identify resources available to members of the University community who are involved in an incident of relationship violence or sexual misconduct.
- Policy on Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct
- Other forms and documents used in OIE's RVSM investigations are available on the Title IX website
Anti-Discrimination Policy (ADP)
The policy linked below outlines the types of prohibited discrimination and harassment at MSU. Acts are prohibited which discriminate against or harass any University community member on the basis of age, color, gender, gender identity, disability status, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or weight.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy (ADP)
- ADP User's Manual
- Protocol for Addressing Bias Incidents, Acts of Prohibited Discrimination/Harassment, and Hate Crimes
- Discrimination/Harassment Formal Complaint Form Please note: You must file a copy of this form with OIE in order to initiate an investigation of discrimination under the ADP
Here you will find relevant OIE and University procedures to help guide you through the OIE investigation process.
- OIE investigation procedures: detailed in Section L of the RVSM Policy
- Anti-Discrimination Policy/Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct Policy Student Conduct Sanction and Appeal Procedures
- Anti-Discrimination Policy/Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct Policy Employee Appeal Procedures
- Guidelines for Issuing Disciplinary Sanctions: Faculty and Academic Staff ADP / RVSMP Violations
Here you will find forms which OIE uses in its investigations.